What do I do when the body of messages is missing in Outlook for Windows?
Message bodies disappearing in Outlook is a known issue of two commonly used antivirus software products: AVG and NOD32.
- A message arrives in the Exchange mailbox and is synchronized with Outlook.
- The AVG or NOD32 add-in, which is added to Outlook automatically if you have the software installed, deletes the message body.
- The message is then synchronized with the server, so it is also synchronized with OWA and with wireless devices.
NOTE: This solution will not restore message texts that have already been deleted. The add-in products mentioned here delete message bodies permanently. Also, there are other Outlook issues which could be caused by antivirus add-in products. For example, when sending messages, they can come back as undeliverable with no header.
Removing an add-in product from Outlook for Windows
- Click on File > Options > Add-ins
- In the Manage field, choose COM add-ins, and click Go
- Highlight the AVG or NOD32 add-in, and click Remove
- You may also check whether hardware graphics acceleration is disabled on your machine.
- To check this, open Outlook and navigate to File > Options > Advanced > Display.
- Make sure that the "Disable hardware graphics acceleration" box is checked.