How do I configure Outlook for Windows using the Auto-Discover feature?
Microsoft Outlook AutoDiscover is an Exchange Server feature which makes it easier to configure Outlook profiles. The only information you need to know to set up Outlook using this feature is your email address and mailbox password.
Setting up Outlook using the AutoDiscover feature
- Go to Start > Control Panel > Mail > Show Profiles and click Add. You will see the New Profile window. Type a profile name and click OK.
- Type your name, primary email address, and your mailbox password twice, then click Next.
- When you get a security prompt, check the box Don’t ask me about this website again and then click Allow.
- You’ll then might be prompted for your user name and password. Enter your primary email address in the User name box and type your mailbox password.
- Outlook will now discover your email server settings and configure itself to connect to your mailbox. Once it’s completed, you can click Finish. Now you can open your new profile in Outlook.
- NOTE: If you are configuring Outlook using the Autodiscover feature, the checkbox "On fast networks, connect using HTTP first, then connect using TCP/IP" might be NOT checked. It can slow down Outlook performance. To check the box, check Change account settings (above screenshot) > Next > More Settings > Connection > Exchange Proxy settings.