How do I set up an email account on iPhone using the Microsoft Outlook app?
Using the Auto-Discover function
- Enter your full email address and tap “Add Account”.
- Enter your password.
- The “Description” field can be any name for the account that you want (e.g., “Work email account”).
- Leave “Use Advanced Settings” turned off. In most cases, the app will configure (“Auto-Discover”) itself after you tap “Sign In". If the “Auto-Discover” feature does not work, continue below.
Auto-Discover doesn't work / use advanced settings
Tap to turn on "Use Advanced Settings". Enter the following information:
- Email address: your full email address
- Password: your password
- Description: any name for the account that you want (e.g., "Work email account")
- Server: enter the Exchange server name that was provided to you
- Domain: (leave this blank)
- Username: your full email address
Tap "Sign In" to complete the process.
Problems with Auto-Discover
The iPhone is designed to be compatible with Exchange’s Auto-Discover feature – that is, only an email address and password are needed to connect; no further configuration should generally be necessary.
If you encounter errors or are otherwise unable to connect your iPhone to Hosted Exchange, please call for technical support or open a support ticket at http://www.shieldinformation.com/help.