How do I add a second hosted Exchange mailbox to my Outlook profile?
This article has the instructions on adding a second mailbox to your existing Exchange profile in Outlook. This way you will be able to access both mailboxes at the same time and run them both in Cached Mode.
NOTE: The other way to add an additional mailbox is to enable Full Access permissions for it and open it in your Outlook. To do this, open a support ticket.
Adding a mailbox to your profile in Outlook
- Close Outlook.
- Go to your Outlook mail settings from Start > Control Panel > Mail > Show Profiles. If you can't find the Mail icon in Control Panel, you can use the search box. If you still don't see the Mail option, open the Run dialog box. (To do this, press the Windows Key + R.)
- Type in
outlook.exe /manageprofilesand hit Enter.
- Double-click on your Exchange profile, and then click Email Accounts.
- Click New.
- Follow the instructions shown in How do I configure Outlook using the AutoDiscover feature?
- Start Outlook and enter the credentials for the additional mailbox. When Outlook starts, you will see the added mailbox below your primary email account.
- You can set this email account as the default account by doing the following:
- Select Outlook > File > Info > Account Settings > Account Settings.
- Highlight the account and hit the Set as Default button. Now, when you compose a new email, this email account appears in the From field by default.